Speedflex Days of Christmas – Mince Pies
Monday 3rd December 2018
Christmas is notoriously a time of indulgence, and just coz you’re on the health and fitness bandwagon doesn’t mean you shouldn’t enjoy some festive treats!
Below is a recipe for some mince pies that aren’t as calorific as the bog standard shop bought ones, so dig out that Christmas apron and get baking this December!
- 8oz plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 4oz butter (or margarine)
- 16 table spoon of mincemeat
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar, to dust
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Lightly spray a bun tin with the cooking spray, covering all of the surface area.
- Sieve the flour and salt into a mixing bowl before adding the butter (or margarine) and knead together.
- Add cold water as you go to reach the consistency whereby there is little to no residue remaining on the sides of the bowl.
- Cool in the fridge for half an hour.
- Sprinkle a little bit of plain flour on your work surface and roll the pastry to create a thin sheet.
- Using a round 7.5 cm pastry cutter, cut 32 circles from the pastry and line the bun tin.
- Spoon your mincemeat into the bun tins on top of the pastry.
- Roll out the remaining pastry trimmings and create a spare for the top of the pies.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes, adjust cooking timings accordingly until your pastry is lightly coloured.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool before giving each pie a dusting of icing sugar to finish.